We collect personal information from you, including the following:
- Contact information like address, phone number and email address
- Vehicle Registration
- Driver Licence details when buying a vehicle
- Personal financial situation if you are applying for finance or insurance through us.
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Contact you or the vehicle owners
- Register vehicles, or confirm ownership of vehicles when buying and selling vehicles
- Broker finance or insurance deals for you
- Comply with laws regulations e.g. closing out recall notices on vehicles, updating WoF details, changing vehicle ownership.
Besides our staff, we may share this information with:
- NZTA or other regulatory agencies e.g. for vehicle change of ownership or Warrant of Fitness
- Our franchise partners
- Our finance or insurance partners when you are purchasing their product
- Our marketing partners.
This information is shared in order to complete servicing, repairs, warranty, and recall work as well as when buying and selling vehicles. We also provide limited data to our marketing partners when undertaking marketing campaigns. You can take the opportunity to opt out of marketing campaigns.
We keep your information safe by storing it in encrypted files and restricting staff to access it.
We keep your information for no longer than necessary and in compliance with legislation, at which point we securely destroy it by utilising a document destruction service for hard copy files. Digital files are erased.
The Motor Vehicle Register:
Your name and address may be obtained from the motor vehicle register. Team Hutchinson Ford is authorised as a member of the MTA to access this under the standard terms and conditions for motor vehicle traders under Gazette notice: 2022-au4073. We have been authorised to obtain and use the information for the following purposes:
- To confirm the vendor is a registered person of a motor vehicle that we (the Motor Vehicle Trader) are proposing to purchase,
- To assist in verifying that a change of registered person has been completed correctly for transaction in which the Motor Vehicle Trader is the purchaser or seller,
- In the case of Wholesalers only, where a motor vehicle is the subject of a safety recall listed in the safety recalls portal, to contact the registered person to advise them of any required actions in relation to the vehicle’s safe operation
You can notify the registrar that you do not wish to have your name and address made available under an authorisation. To do so you can visit the Waka Kotahi website here:
Closed circuit television (CCTV):
We have CCTV cameras recording on site in various locations to protect the property of the Dealership, and to provide a safe and secure environment for employees and visitors to the Team Hutchinson Ford premises.
The digital images recorded by the CCTV are held securely and are deleted on a regular basis, usually after 21 days. It may be retained for a longer period when used to investigate a crime, or as required by law enforcement, regulatory bodies and our insurance partners.
Access to, and disclosure of images are restricted. Images can only be disclosed in accordance with the purposes for which they were originally collected.
Disclosure to third parties will be limited to:
- Police and other law enforcement agencies for the purpose of detection of crime, or to identify and prosecute offender(s) or identify victim(s) or witness(es)
- Prosecution agencies such as the Crown Law Office
- Legal representatives
- Department managers involved with internal staffing issues
- Insurance partners and regulatory bodies, such as Worksafe
- Individuals whose images have retained, unless disclosure would prejudice a criminal case, or apprehension or prosecution of offenders
The Dealer Principal of Team Hutchinson Ford, or another senior manager acting in their absence, are the only people permitted to authorise disclosure of images to external third parties. All requests for disclosure and access to images will be documented. If disclosure is denied, the reason will be recorded.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you including CCTV images, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong or was deleted. If you’d like to request a copy of your information, please contact Team Hutchinson Ford via [email protected].
Offer ends on the: 31/07/2023
Offer ends on the: 31/12/2023
Order your Mustang Mach-E Now
Offer ends on the: 30/06/2023
Ford Escape ST-Line PHEV Offers
- View all the latest promotions from Team Hutchinson Ford
Day out with Robbie from Stokes Motorsport
Electric Ford Puma coming to NZ
Stokes Motorsport Season Overview
2022 Ford Presidents Awards
Mustangs 59th Birthday Celebrations
Introducing the Everest Wildtrak
Our Day Out with Pest Free Banks Peninsula
- View all the latest news from Team Hutchinson Ford