Ford Endura ST
Ford Endura ST
Built in Oakville, Canada, the all new Ford Endura is a performance inspired, design driven, technology focused SUV.
State of the Art Diesel Power:
The Bi-Turbo engine features two turbochargers and offers enhanced performance and efficiency.
The primary turbo works at lower speeds, giving you an extra boost when you need it – such as when turning from a junction into moving traffic. Meanwhile, the secondary turbo works at higher speeds, like when you need to overtake a slow-moving vehicle.
The Endura ST-Line has a multi-link rear suspension. This advanced system is light, rigid and perfectly tuned, for excellent responsiveness, control and ride quality.
When you’re driving slowly, the Active Grille Shutter system keeps the grille vent open to cool the engine. When you pick up speed it can automatically close, improving aerodynamics and helping to save fuel. Over time, this technology can make a big difference.
An intelligent AWD system can determine how much grip, cornering balance and responsiveness is required in wet, dry or icy conditions and on varying terrain. The technology is able to send drive to the front or rear axle depending on requirements. This ‘torque on demand’ system delivers exceptional handling and improved efficiency.
Adaptive Lighting with Ford Dynamic LED headlights deliveries precise and intensely bright light patterns that are automatically adjusted to suit different road and driving conditions. Daytime running lights are also included and LED sequential turn indicator stripes replace traditional “blinking’ lights, illuminating in sequence for high visibility.
In addition, Glare-free high beam adjusts itself automatically to avoid dazzling other drivers and by following the road, these new headlights help you see more clearly when driving around bends.
Electric power-assisted steering (EPAS) automatically adjusts to your speed and the conditions. At low speeds, the system makes wheel turns feel light and easier, improving manoeuvrability. At high speeds, when you need greater control, it firms up the steering. Now with Drift control, EPAS also takes into account crosswinds and other driving conditions, while active nibble control reduces any unwanted vibration in the steering wheel.
Maximum Cornering Control:
Torque Vectoring Control reacts to the road surface 100 times per second. (That’s 33 times faster than the blink of an eye.) Using this information, it balances the amount of power delivered to each of the front two wheels. This maximises grip and sharpens handling, helping you round corners and over undulations in the road.
Key Features – Under the Hood/Exterior
- 2.0L Duratorq Bi-Turbo Diesel: 154kW/470Nm
- Fuel Consumption: 5.9L/100km (combined)
- 6 Speed Automatic Transmission
- Intelligent All-Wheel-Drive-System
- 20” Platinum Grey Alloy Wheels
- Sports Suspension
- Rear View Camera with Front and Rear Reversing Sensors
- Quickclear heated Windscreen
- Hands-Free power tailgate
- Privacy Glass
- Black Roof Rails
- Electronic Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS)
- Bi-LED Headlamps
- Auto Stop/Start
Key Features – Interior/Technology/Safety
- SYNC 3 with 8” colour Touchscreen & Navigation
- Integrated Active Noise Control
- Front heated and cooled seats with rear heated seats
- Dual zone electric automatic temperature control
- Pedal set with aluminium covers
- Premium instrument cluster
- 10-way power front driver’s seat with memory and 10-way power passengers seat
- Ford Key Free System with Ford Power Starter Button
- Partial leather trim
- Auto dimming rear-view mirror
- Ford Intelligent Protection System (IPS)
- Curve Control Technology
- Roll Stability Control
- Active City Stop
- Lane Keeping Aid
- BLIS with CTA (Cross Traffic Alert)
- Speed Sign Recognition
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Active Park Assist(perpendicular and Parallel) with pull out assist
- 5 Star ANCAP safety
For more info check out the recent stuff.co.nz article on the Endura ST.